This is a page for your local stories. Submit your news here.
Lowell Area Chamber announces award recipients in 2018
Person of the Year Award – Betsy Davidson
The recipient must demonstrate the following qualities.
- Over time, the candidate has freely donated considerable time to the community, school district, church, or humanity. This is over and above the demands of their regular profession
- The community is a better place to live because of the efforts of the candidate
- The candidate positively promotes the community in both word and action
- The candidate possesses new and innovative ideas that benefit the community
- The candidate cannot be a Chamber Board/Foundation Board member at the time of nomination
Business Appreciation Award – Greenridge Realty
The business must be established and demonstrates the following qualities.
- Outstanding service
- Community investment
- Employment opportunity
- Volunteer service to the Greater Lowell Community
Best Business to Watch – GlessBoards and Painted Turtle Hard Cider
Most Promising New Business – Mi Hometown Furnishings
- Potential to improve the economic base within the Greater Lowell Community
- New and/or innovative business ventures to the Greater Lowell Community
- The ability to create excitement within the community
Non-Profit Spotlight – LowellArts
- Recognizing an outstanding non-profit over the past year
Brick Awards- Arrowhead Golf Course, Big Boiler Brewing, Curtis Laundry & Dry Cleaners, Poultry Management Systems and Ronda Auto Centers
- Capital investment in their existing business
- Improving our economic base within the Greater Lowell Community
- Making an investment to grow and further develop their business
- Creating vibrancy within the community
- No consecutive awards
2018 Annual Gathering, February 15, 2018
6:00 PM Social Hour – 6:30 PM Dinner
Deer Run Golf Club, 13955 Cascade Rd
The Annual Winter Gathering of the Membership is open to the public; tickets are $40 per person or $310 for a table of eight. Call the Chamber at 897-9161 to make reservations. Master Card, Visa and Discovery cards are accepted.