Stop by the West Michigan Women’s Expo in DeVos Place this weekend starting Friday through Sunday, March 17 through 19 to pick up your next favorite read at Great Lakes Writers located in booths 110-118. See attached floor plan below.
The authors from all over Michigan represent different genres, and they will be available to chat about their books.
I have one free ticket left to the show for the lucky winner who listens to this podcast and emails me at firstname.lastname@example.org
2023 West Michigan Women’s Expo
Great Lakes Writers (17)
Andrew Allen Smith
Attached is a floor plan for the expo and a handbook that has a ton of information including details on parking.
Here’s what you need to know:
1. Each author (there are 17) gets half of an 8-foot table and a chair. The table will be covered and skirted, but you can put your own decor on top of the tablecloth. (Sherry gets a whole table.)
2. Our booth numbers are 110-118. If you want to share a table with someone let me know. If I don’t hear anything, you’ll be randomly paired with someone.
3. I ordered badges for everyone. They’ll say “Great Lakes Writers.” If you come Thursday to set up, you pick up your badge at a booth somewhere on the floor that says Exhibitors. If you come early Friday to setup, go to the main entrance and look for the Exhibitors’ doors to the hall where there will be a table with people handing out badges. You’re with Great Lakes Writers.
I ordered a few extra badges so if you have a helper to load in or out they can come through the exhibitors’ entrance and ask for a badge. Ask them not to keep the badge—they need to return it when they leave.
4. In the handbook it mentions the need for insurance. I bought a policy that covers us all under the umbrella of Great Lakes Writers.
5. The load-in information in the handbook only pertains to those who want to use the loading dock. I usually park underneath the hall (entrance on Michigan Street by the river) and take the freight elevator up—it has an operator. The underground parking is a huge maze—here’s a hint: as soon as you pull in from Michigan Street and turn left—you’ll see people unloading and using the elevator. Park and follow someone.
The freight elevator should be operational Thursday afternoon and Friday before the show and Sunday after the show.
You can park anywhere downtown and carry your stuff in.
6. I’ll be there Thursday around 2 to make sure everything is set up.
7. When the show closes on Sunday they have people at the exits ensuring vendors don’t leave early. They won’t let you carry anything out early. Again, the load-out schedule is only if you are using the loading dock. Once it’s 4 p.m. on Sunday you can leave, if you’re not using the loading dock.
8. I did not order Internet—it’s usually extremely expensive. Hopefully, you have service on your own phone, tablet or laptop.
If you have any questions, please email or call.
Again, let me know you received this.
Copyright (c) 2023. Emma Blogs, LLC. All rights reserved.